What about Public domain?

Hey guys, what do you think about Public domain? Will we have a chance to listen to Bach, Mozart, Tchaikovsky and other genius composers on Musicoin?

I have a tip. Maybe devs have to create Classic Public Domain account on Musicoin and all coin sent to charity…

Want to see answer from people who in charge for copyright on project. But if I’ll don’t get answer, hope devs, admins and grey eminence read topics on forum and add it to future plans

Best regards

Ambassadors

Wonderfull idea,
Charity for all musicians in this world that do not have access to Musicoin yet.
To help produce them.
For exemple

last edited by musicoin Italia
Ambassadors

Excellent proposal @metkraming!

No doubt @Zeljko-Stanojkovski will shed some light on this theme, both for being responsible for the copyright aspects and for being a greeeaat classical music pianist (see: https://musicoin.org/nav/artist/0xa72c9e222b4d092377b6ae99a3d04f666df89bf4).

What I see, just by reading one website source on that respect, is that: “The Earliest that Copyright Protection will Expire for any Sound Recording in the USA is 2067. Remember that a musical work and a sound recording of a musical work have separate copyright protection. The children’s song, “Mary Had A Little Lamb” is absolutely in the public domain worldwide, and it can be freely used by anyone. However, in the USA, no sound recordings of “Mary Had A Little Lamb” are in the public domain. If you want to use any sound recording - even a sound recording of a public domain song - you must either license a recording or create your own recording.” (here: https://www.pdinfo.com/copyright-law/public-domain-sound-recordings.php).

We’ll have to revise how’s the situation in other countries, or launch, as you suggest, a specific “Public Domain” profile, inviting Musicoin artists to interpret classical compositions and to donate their $MUSIC earnings 🙂

@ijatz-guatemala the easiest way - take musical notes and autogenerate tracks. One of the best way you’ve always described

administrators

Public domain works from great classical composers are absolutely welcome but in the form where the one who uploads them is the owner of the recordings or otherwise authorized to distribute the works. ☺

Looks like your connection to Musicoin Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.