SONG OF THE WEEK COMPETITION

oh wow glad to hear all your views people , and thank you all for bringing out the subject of … CHOON , i do find that this afore mentioned platform to be , more user friendly , sleeker in design , no glitches so far , moving forward at a far greater rate , technically advanced , already miles ahead , more fun , and … users respond and listen to other folk’s tracks , unlike musicoin , in which i have found it like squeezing blood from a stone to get other members to participate in the community vibe , excluding the few that i have had a very nice experience with. I will emphasise the word FEW !

choon is the way at the moment … sorry folks but that is just the way the nookie … i mean the cookie crumbles

@laura-atencio thank you for listening and pointing out these glaringly obvious facts xxx

if anybody on this site is interested in music rather than COIN / MONEY , give this one a spin , it’s one to make the hair grow ! from me winkandwoo - https://musicoin.org/nav/track/0xdd36935a434d5b6f7abccb2d28dc206ad7737bbe

@clive-fuller
Ultimately it depends on us; creating fanbases outside of the community and ushering them in.

@clive-fuller

One thing to point out too if you’re feeling discouraged about the community is that it is incredibly difficult to get communities off the ground while they’re made up of mostly artists (and in this case developers as well.) Artists usually have less time and money than the average working individual; I myself haven’t logged on the listen to anyone’s music for almost a week and it’s simply because I’ve been hard at work mixing my album.

The difference between Choon (and others like it) and MUSICOIN, in my opinion:

Musicoin =
0_1537369847828_3abd52ed-1d51-4a62-8830-4de2d35f9275-image.png

Choon/etc =
0_1537370996349_7fa24d7b-0be5-42cf-95b1-52c921e9d366-image.png
See full article here on Medium

There’s room in the music world for several options in this endeavor. Choon has decided to allow institutional/private investors to become the masters of their endeavor. It is not known how much control/voice these institutional investors will have in decisions.

Of course, even if MUSICOIN differentiates itself in this way, as being a GUILD rather than a slave to a corporate/instutional master, we still should expect MUSICOIN.org to do a good job competing to be the best place for the indie artist and listeners, and that means making it easy and fun to be both listener and artist, with great features, etc. There’s no sense in being a GUILD if nobody comes to listen or contribute content. I hope the upcoming mobile app/new site release helps that become a reality.

@ciarrocchi

Of course, even if MUSICOIN differentiates itself in this way, as being a GUILD rather than a slave to a corporate/instutional master, we still should expect MUSICOIN.org to do a good job competing to be the best place for the indie artist and listeners, and that means making it easy and fun to be both listener and artist, with great features, etc. There’s no sense in being a GUILD if nobody comes to listen or contribute content. I hope the upcoming mobile app/new site release helps that become a reality.

I’m waiting for mobile App, 'couse atm to listen to music at site - it’s serious pain

Musicoin actually pays for streams and neither artists nor listeners have to pay for it!!!
You dont get cash from others…
So comparing Choon with Soundcloud would fit better, till notes get unlocked. In terms of development, i see Choon far behind musicoin, since they dont even have a algorythm for their blockchain.
Their main aim atm is to catch as many listeners and artists as possible to raise the market value of their company. The way you do that is to make it very userfriendly. I like their landing page, since you see all the genres. Switching between Albums, Tracks and Playlist is also very cool.
From my opinion (Im not a developer) these are all things thats gonnabe implemented into the musicoin blockchain later on. Right now the aim is to implement a new way to make music accessible, PoSh
In my vision Musicoin is important as innovator, because its rather free of corporate pressure.
Of course I hope that Choons suceeds at last aswell!
But I dont think its the way for indie artists. In my opinion as an indie artists, your listeners dont come to you. You rather have to bring your music to them. So i dont believe there will ever be a strong listener community for indie artists alone. If you get the majors on board, the average listener will listen to those and not to indie…
Refering musicoin to a web delveloper or web designer or webgame designer, would help much more than promoting it to listeners. Since those could integrate music on webpages without worrying too much about licenses. So with musicoin you gain a broader way to promote your music. With Choon you get another streaming platform like soundcloud.

last edited by MJMoonbow aka Tinman

Looks like your connection to Musicoin Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.