Songs skipping to next song in playlist part way through.

Re: Songs stop part way through and skip to next song in playlist

I reported this about a year ago (I think) but it seems to be a common issue that still keeps on happening. My tracks are on the longer side so I thought it might be a caching issue but if others are having trouble with it it might be something else, I dunno.

Either way I checked today and it’s still happening. It’s hard to reproduce because it seems to happen randomly, but it makes it harder to show my tracks to others when this problem is still here.

Thanks. It actually seems to be happening more frequently now than before, if that helps any. Seems like it has trouble playing through anything longer than 15 mins but the point where it skips seem to be largely random.

yep it’s cache, sometimes I have the same issue and after clean browser data everything become ok

my old topic - https://forum.musicoin.org/topic/8982/stop-playing

Oh cool. Is there a way to make sure this doesn’t happen, on the Musicoin side though? I don’t have this issue with any other music players…

Ambassadors

Hello @ryan-tanaka, and nice to Musicoin you! 🙂

First, thanks a lot for alerting about this issue, and for perseverating over the months!

As you maybe know our team is working on a wide array of technical improvements, based on comments and suggestions like yours. One of those changes, to take place within more or less a month, will be a shift in the way the platform plays the tracks (currently it asks each listener’s browser to download the full audios).

The most immediate outcome of that shift will be an overall speed increase of the player, and it’s highly probable it’ll fix the “skipping syndrom” you’ve reported.

Let’s keep in touch about it, to ensure it’ll be solved!

By the way, would you have other suggestions we could incorporate in the next version of any constitutive element of Musicoin.org (the player, the Forum, the profiles, etc.)?

@ijatz-guatemala said in Songs skipping to next song in playlist part way through.:

Hello @ryan-tanaka, and nice to Musicoin you! 🙂

First, thanks a lot for alerting about this issue, and for perseverating over the months!

As you maybe know our team is working on a wide array of technical improvements, based on comments and suggestions like yours. One of those changes, to take place within more or less a month, will be a shift in the way the platform plays the tracks (currently it asks each listener’s browser to download the full audios).

The most immediate outcome of that shift will be an overall speed increase of the player, and it’s highly probable it’ll fix the “skipping syndrom” you’ve reported.

Let’s keep in touch about it, to ensure it’ll be solved!

By the way, would you have other suggestions we could incorporate in the next version of any constitutive element of Musicoin.org (the player, the Forum, the profiles, etc.)?

Hey no problem. A while ago I talked to Isaac about doing some product management work so I do have a lot of ideas for the project, but at the time they weren’t at that point yet.
Most of it involved revamping the categorization schemes you have now to make it easier for users to browse for tracks – is there any plans for this in the future?

Ambassadors

Hello @ryan-tanaka!

Yes, suggestions have been expressed in that direction, but it’s a work in progress, thus do you think you could write down your proposals, and share them in the “Ideas” section of this Forum? 🙂

Looks like your connection to Musicoin Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.