Flagged for "Abuse" over a track being too short

Feeling rather irked by this. Allowed to upload a track under 1 minute long, went through the time and trouble to promote it on all three main social media, got a notification 6 days later that the track was too short but then above that a big glaring sign that read: "This track was reported as abuse and is temporarily locked. Please contact copyright@musicoin.org.ai with any relevant documentation to resolve." This is visible to anyone who clicked the link for my social media.

That's quite the stigma to place on someone for having a track that was too short. When I went to the profile that posted the "abuse" comment I found that this had been done with a few other people - track too short, followed by an "abuse" flag. The notifications were sent to my inbox within the same minute, by the way, so this is not a copyright issue.

Oh and I tried sending an email to copyright@musicoin.org.ai and it was returned as address not found. Maybe remove the .ai?

So first off. Lumping people over technical issues with accounts that have copyright issues is needlessly stigmatizing, especially days after it's been uploaded and promoted everywhere.

Secondly, when that technical problem is the result of an oversight in your upload process - tracks under one minute shouldn't be accepted in the first place - then that is a problem that you need to resolve immediately.

Thirdly, providing an invalid email address in this notification is shoddy and more than a little ironic.

@niuQuin who have the answer for @Greg-McCann ?
Thank you Greg for your post

administrators

@greg-mccann said in Flagged for "Abuse" over a track being too short:

Feeling rather irked by this. Allowed to upload a track under 1 minute long, went through the time and trouble to promote it on all three main social media, got a notification 6 days later that the track was too short but then above that a big glaring sign that read: "This track was reported as abuse and is temporarily locked. Please contact copyright@musicoin.org.ai with any relevant documentation to resolve." This is visible to anyone who clicked the link for my social media.
That's quite the stigma to place on someone for having a track that was too short. When I went to the profile that posted the "abuse" comment I found that this had been done with a few other people - track too short, followed by an "abuse" flag. The notifications were sent to my inbox within the same minute, by the way, so this is not a copyright issue.
Oh and I tried sending an email to copyright@musicoin.org.ai and it was returned as address not found. Maybe remove the .ai?
So first off. Lumping people over technical issues with accounts that have copyright issues is needlessly stigmatizing, especially days after it's been uploaded and promoted everywhere.
Secondly, when that technical problem is the result of an oversight in your upload process - tracks under one minute shouldn't be accepted in the first place - then that is a problem that you need to resolve immediately.
Thirdly, providing an invalid email address in this notification is shoddy and more than a little ironic.

@Zeljko-Stanojkovski please check this, thanks

administrators

@Greg-McCann I'm really sorry for the inconvenience.
It is the only way of disabling the tracks for now(short ones and those who have copyright issues) and in your case has nothing to do with copyright. As it was written it the comment, it's because the track was too short.

The project is still in its beta stage, so nothing is perfect. 🙂

last edited by Zeljko Stanojkovski

@zeljko-stanojkovski So I just went through another similar ordeal today (abuse flags that only lasted for a short while, not related to track length) that seemed to resolve itself, and so I'm assuming this was a glitch. Do you have a valid email address that I can use in the future? As I explained earlier, copyright@musicoin.org.ai returns as not valid address.

administrators

@greg-mccann Sorry for the inconvenience, new site was in testing and that was a bug. ☺
copyright@musicoin.org

last edited by Zeljko Stanojkovski
This post is deleted!

Looks like your connection to $MUSIC Forum ("Let's Rock") was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.