How would you reward your fans for tipping?

At Volareo we were wondering if you had considered rewarding your fans for their tips. We would love to have your thoughts on this!

administrators

Making more music!!! maybe doing a draw for a Volareo speaker, that would be fantastic. 😉

Ambassadors

A special mention on the tracks credits, autographed merchandising...

Ambassadors

For fans living in the same country where the artist lives: a draw offering a concert ticket to 5 different "tipping fans" 🙂

free merch plus free speakers would be cool too , what if a artist has they own coin they can reward them those and the coin would be redemmable for cash/artist related merch/concert discounts / tickets / physical record player albums / plus s/o's on songs too lol that would be so hype from a fan perspective

@volareo It depends what the artist has to offer.
As a guitarist I myself could personally offer transcripts of my music and guitar lessons, requests of tunes and live online performances..
man it's never-ending if the connection is good 🙂
Yeeew

Ambassadors

maybe as an option it could be if somebody would tip more that 20 coins then he would get the mp3 as a gift in his mail.. or if they tip all the songs of an album like 10 coins to every song they would get the album mp3 in their mail... or if they tip 1500 coins they will get the album by post in their mail..

Ambassadors

but somehow it should be possible for listeners to contact the musicians

@asterios-papastamatakis I think I read in the listener info that they intend to make our tracks downloadable, hopefully it's a feature we enable ourselves.

For contact they can send us an email, or better yet to avoid any malware and such they can put a contact form on our public profile.

Ambassadors

@hydro-hellsing if they make our tracks downloadable maybe there would be something like if you tip 150 coins then the track automatically will
be downloadable''

@asterios-papastamatakis I don't know about automatically though, if they add like a DRM feature (Digital Rights Management) I wouldn't mind, people share and upload to torrents all the time, there's people in the Facebook groups that tell everyone to contact them if they need DAW's and all kinds of software like everyday.

And to that point, there's so many audio/video capture plugins for browsers and download managers that people wouldn't even need to spend the coins, so whether we enabled the download or not people would still get the songs, so I'd like to see some DRM capability if it's possible.

Ambassadors

@hydro-hellsing i couldn't agree more.... but here we just throw ideas... 🙂

Woah Thanks everyone for the great input! This community is amazing 🙂
@niuQuin ; Haha of course! Making more music is an amazing way to pay them back. After all they are the ones allowing you to make music. Maybe doing a draw is how we will reward you for this feedback 😉 😉

@Hydro-Hellsing Definitely some interesting stuff here. Contests are great, what kind of stuff would you like to do? Shoutsouts on tracks are also an awesome way to keep your fans engaged. Just ask Nine inch nails (super interesting paper on what they did here)

@Soundphaser Autographed merch, good one.

@Ijatz-Guatemala Just in the same country? I thought we were all going to be traveling the world together with musicoin haha

@MikeyDaGreat Great idea Mikey. Always good to motivate people to tip more. After all nothing is charity!

@Jeffguitar Woaaah lessons! that is a great one, could totally see that happen. How cool would that be 🙂 How would you implement this if you get more fans giving you coins?

@Asterios-Papastamatakis Like it. Give something back with the tips you give. Smart contract for sending tracks 🙂 We are also working on ways for the listeners to contact the musicians. It is so much more fun to make music when that is possible. Do you have any ideas on how musicians could contact you? Preferably through the speaker of course 😛

@Hydro-Hellsing people will download songs anyway. Imagine what you could do knowing where your true fans are though! if someone pays you 1,50 for a song then isn't he also much more likely to buy merch, attend concerts etc? Stuff you really earn on!

Ambassadors

@volareo the way i think of it is that even listeners have to login right?? so the system has their email.. lets suppose that what i wrote (((''maybe as an option it could be if somebody would tip more that 20 coins then he would get the mp3 as a gift in his mail.. or if they tip all the songs of an album like 10 coins to every song they would get the album mp3 in their mail... or if they tip 1500 coins they will get the album by post in their mail..''))) its the case ... then as an artist anyway ill know that they tipped me from my profile in musicoin.. but i also get the notification in my mail... so in this or with this notification from musicoin in my mail maybe i could get the email from the person that tipped and then for example if they tipped 1500 coins ill know that i have to send them the album or... if there is a smart contract when i upload my tracks in musicoin that would say that if somebody tip x amount of coins then the system will permit them to download ... so basically this will be based on the choices ill have on smart contracts when i upload my music.. something that youll have to consider with the musicoin team 🙂

Looks like your connection to $MUSIC Forum ("Let's Rock") was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.