When are we going to see some website improvements ??

OK guys so i've been a member for over 4 months now and initially I thought Musicoins was a great idea but as time goes on i'm starting to have serious doubts ?? There has been no visible improvements to the main website since I have been a member and that worries me. I have seen plenty of stuff going on with the crypto side of things and also this recent change to the forum but why not anything to the main site ?? I have posted about this before in the forum and all I hear back from other members ( never admin or tech support ) is that we are still in Beta mode and be patient things will happen .... Well nothing has happened , no improvements to the way it looks , no added features , the player is still unreliable and also it doesn't embed into facebook which means its kind of pointless sharing any links. When will we get an announcement about if and when the website will move from Beta into a fully operational site ? At the moment it's only working as musicians supporting musicians and that is just unsustainable. Also it's kind of strange that no major labels or artists have joined yet ? If the concept and idea is so great then why wouldn't they get on board ? So many questions about the website go unanswered in the forum and thats a worrying thing really.

So I guess i'm looking for some answers from somebody as to the future plans of musicoins and when will they start to concentrate on the main thing , the website , and not peripheral hardware and pushing the "coin". The whole thing needs to go hand in hand and the website is the first point of call for musicians and listeners and that's what's lacking the most at the min ... listeners ...

administrators

Hey @DaveyHub! I agree with you that the team hasn't communicated its efforts properly to the public. I'll answer your queries one by one:

1. When will we get an announcement about if and when the website will move from Beta into a fully operational site ?

The new site will be released in 2 weeks

1. Also it's kind of strange that no major labels or artists have joined yet ? If the concept and idea is so great then why wouldn't they get on board ?

As is the case with good products, they take time to catch on. We are a non profit and we haven't devoted much time to marketing the product since we felt it would be better to build a stable product and then go out to the world. Rest assured, once the site is out of beta, the marketing team will be firing on full cylinders.

1. So many questions about the website go unanswered in the forum and thats a worrying thing really

Some of the questions in the forum are
a. already been answered (e.g. why haven't I been verified)
b. too repetitive
c. speculative

The team tries its best to address issues that arise from time to time. Being a dev, I don't visit the forum often because most of my time is spent on the wallet and planning for future updates (such as the forum update now). If you have any problems, you can always write to us at team@musicoin.org

1. So I guess i'm looking for some answers from somebody as to the future plans of musicoins and when will they start to concentrate on the main thing , the website , and not peripheral hardware and pushing the "coin"

We've had a hardfork to support MyEtherWallet and MyCrypto (on whose integration we're working with the teams), had a brand new Desktop Wallet and now the forum update, with the site following soon after. We'll also be getting an iOS app in q3-q4, which is being worked on by a their party, along with the speakers. Having a full fledged desktop wallet is critical at the same level as the website itself, so I don't agree that it amounts to "pushing the coin".

1. The whole thing needs to go hand in hand and the website is the first point of call for musicians and listeners and that's what's lacking the most at the min ... listeners ...

To this point, I agree. But as I pointed out in a previous answer, the new site should take the site out of beta, which would make it way more intuitive for listeners and musicians alike

Thanks for bringing up these questions, its always good to hear from the community what your opinion is. I do apologise on behalf of the team for not being so well versed in updating you all with the latest info, but we'll be doing a bi-monthly dev update from May (when the new site will launch), so that should solve the problem of no communication. Hopefully this answers any concerns you may have.

@vg what about Android app?

Well thank you @vg for answering the questions I asked. I'm looking forward to seeing the new site and hopefully you guys have looked through the forum so you can implement some of the great ideas that are put forward like playlists, better member notifications , a player that will embed and play properly ... etc etc. You have a great opportunity here to capitalise on a lot of unhappy Soundcloud members who are looking for somewhere to switch their music too and I have been holding back in recommending Musicoins as I felt it was good but not a great place to switch too at this moment in time. I will fully get behind Musicoins once I can see a better website and you guys should definitely take more notice of what's said in the forums.

Looks like your connection to $MUSIC Forum ("Let's Rock") was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.