Getting the good stuff to rise to the top! (so that it pays artists and pleases fans)

My favorite station right now is FIP out of Paris. Non-stop music, 24/7, no ads, 10 mins of News blurbs at the top of the hour. They bill themselves as "the most eclectic radio on the planet" I'd have to agree! I've heard stuff I never would have heard anywhere else. Plus (I'm talking their App here) they have a log page that shows everything that was played all day long and at what time. It's brilliant--I enjoy it more than Spotify, which don't get me wrong I love... but they make you work to find the good shit that's across the board. Be a good model for Musicoin to learn from.

In that regard, think Musicoin should consider that the most successful radios/sites/streamers always do two things:

1.	They curate the best stuff into top 10 or top 100 lists. Now, that said... I also understand that you need to have those top lists in their respective genres. Rock, Pop, Country Electronic whatever. Also this begs the question how to curate the list since music is so subjective? Well blockchain is (or can become) perfect for that. I.e., you program various algorithms around your data -capture ... but here's the key IMO: it can't all just be plays. Plays is an incredibly lame way to chart. Why? cause people are obviously going to play what they see... what's easy to click on. What may be visible may be shit (It usually is IMO... but not always.) Point being: one often finds great/awesome stuff that is way way deep on sites and has only been played like 3 times in the last year. Why? Because once buried, stuff stays buried on the Internet! So you need really good rating algorithms that can "chart" a song with very few plays. Make the cream (always) rise to the top. How? Several ways: 10 rating stars to click; a share button (and you track the share of the share of the shares etc); You incentivize sharing two or three levels deep (multilevel) where people understand they won't get response if they share shitty stuff, so they share the best (to them) to earn more rewards; (also comments sections) ... then you rate the "sharers" by letting the "sharees" respond with a range from "I love what you sent" to "stop sending me shit". In other words (and hey all you developers out there I HOPE YOU'RE LISTENING ... you USE the blockchain to really really capture "reliable reputation scores" of the songs AND the "curators" so that the hits emerge/rise to the top quickly and all your valuable assets (which CMON GUYS THIS IS YOUR BREAD AND BUTTER) are then readily accessible through...(drum roll)

2.	A multitude of charts and playlists that have been thoroughly vetted by an increasingly reliable list of QUALITY CURATORS ... i.e., (should be) a mix of the overall audience and of top artists/producers/insiders presenting playlists ... (you NEED some experts--like the Voice--you got your lowest-common-denominator-audience votes and you got your Adam Levines, Alicia Keys, etc....EXPERTS with serious know-how and TASTE)... so ultimately you start generating a master stream of the best of the best from all these various sub-catagory charts to get to your "super chart" which is what you feature on the site's homepage. Now people take serious notice.

make sense?

Man this site needs some serious love ... I spent a ton of time working on my post and (see above) this is what I get? JFC.

Okay then... Let's try again: (hopefully without the weird black box scroller and wacko colored type??)

My favorite station right now is FIP out of Paris. Non-stop music, 24/7, no ads, 10 mins of News blurbs at the top of the hour. They bill themselves as "the most eclectic radio on the planet" I'd have to agree! I've heard stuff I never would have heard anywhere else. Plus (I'm talking their app here) they have a log page shows everything that was played all day long and at what time. It's brilliant--I enjoy it more than Spotify, which don't get me wrong I love... but they make you work to find the good shit that's across the board. Be a good model for Musicoin to learn from.

In that regard, think Musicoin should consider that the most successful radios/sites/streamers always do two things:

1.	They curate the best stuff into top 10 or top 100 lists. Now, that said... I also understand that you need to have those top lists in their respective genres. Rock, Pop, Country Electronic whatever. Also this begs the question how to curate the list since music is so subjective? Well blockchain is (or can become) perfect for that. I.e., you program various algorithms around your data -capture ... but here's the key IMO: it can't all just be plays. Plays is an incredibly lame way to chart. Why? cause people are obviously going to play what they see... what's easy to click on. What may be visible may be shit (It usually is IMO... but not always.) Point being: one often finds great/awesome stuff that is way way deep on sites and has only been played like 3 times in the last year. Why? Because once buried, stuff stays buried on the Internet! So you need really good rating algorithms that can "chart" a song with very few plays. Make the cream (always) rise to the top. How? Several ways: 10 rating stars to click; a share button (and you track the share of the share of the shares etc); You incentivize sharing two or three levels deep (multilevel) where people understand they won't get response if they share shitty stuff, so they share the best (to them) to earn more rewards; (also comments sections) ... then you rate the "sharers" by letting the "sharees" respond with a range from "I love what you sent" to "stop sending me shit". In other words (and hey all you developers out there I HOPE YOU'RE LISTENING ... you USE the blockchain to really really capture "reliable reputation scores" of the songs AND the "curators" so that the hits emerge/rise to the top quickly and all your valuable assets (which CMON GUYS THIS IS YOUR BREAD AND BUTTER) are then readily accessible through...(drum roll)

2.	A multitude of charts and playlists that have been thoroughly vetted by an increasingly reliable list of QUALITY CURATORS ... i.e., (should be) a mix of the overall audience and of top artists/producers/insiders presenting playlists ... (you NEED some experts--like the Voice--you got your lowest-common-denominator-audience votes and you got your Adam Levines, Alicia Keys, etc....EXPERTS with serious know-how and TASTE)... so ultimately you start generating a master stream of the best of the best from all these various sub-catagory charts to get to your "super chart" which is what you feature on the site's homepage. Now people take serious notice.

Make sense?

I give up... some other time you programmers need to go back to school.

I apologize for that last quip. Was late. I got a bit frustrated. But hey, It's code. Things break. I'm sure the programmers here are doing the best they can and for sure they are building something that at the end of the day is QUITE MARVELOUS! I'm super excited to be part of this revolution and I know in my gut it's going to keep getting better and better. My apologies and my best wishes to all the programmers working on this... it's awesome gents!

Ambassadors

@henry-rowland if you regret some things written up there, you can always delete or edit 🙂

Looks like your connection to $MUSIC Forum ("Let's Rock") was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.