Musicoin Wallet 1.0+ Support

I'm working with Musicoin Wallet 1.0+ and I check support requests only for versions since 1.0.

First of all before you post request check that you could reproduce in the nightly build.

You could find nightly builds at: https://builder.musicoin.org

Supported Operating systems:

1. Windows 7 and later - 64 bit, 32bit
  2. macOS - 64 bit
  3. Linux - 64 bit, 32bit
  4. Windows XP and older - 32bit, 64 bit

Also it would be good if in that case you could upload logs on pastebin
You could find logs in:
\AppData\Roaming\Musicoin\wallet-ui\logs under Windows

~/.musicoin/wallet-ui/logs under Linux

Username + /Library/Musicoin/wallet-ui/logs/ under macOS

Also it would be a nice help if you could download NW.js SDK version and launch nw --enable-logging=stderr . in package.nw directory and post error a message, that will be logged just at the time, when you encounter a bug that bothers you.

suggestion - when the wallet first loads there's no status info - it looks dead.
users need info to know what's going on.

"Connected to: Peers" i.e. 0 peers and no further info is not helpful.

Oh guess what - it doesn't work.

relevant o/p from the log is here https://pastebin.com/TLti35LW

Thats gmc problem. Make sure no gmc process running, before you start the wallet. What distribution you used? You may selected wrong arch, this is why gmc process non starting. After you launched the wallet, open the process manager, and make sure gmc is running.
Also, make sure nothing listens on 8545 port before you start the wallet, and you may need to give access for gmc in the firewall.

GMC?
latest wallet mac DMG
Old wallet worked fine.

@beam-up said in Musicoin Wallet 1.0+ Support:

suggestion - when the wallet first loads there's no status info - it looks dead.
users need info to know what's going on.

"Connected to: Peers" i.e. 0 peers and no further info is not helpful.

Thanks for the post. I have been trying to understand why mine just sits there with no sign of connecting to any peer

@beam-up how do you make the GMC work cos i have no idea how to get around the wallet

I just noticed i have to remove the "" from the node list linked to the wallet to be accepted from the program

Suggestion: Choice where to store blockchain data.
This would be nice for SSD users, where the OS (C: drive, where blockchain is currently stored on Windows) is typically on a rather small SSD used in combination with a larger HD for data.

you can use "mklink" to change it with a symlink... its easy:
Click on the windows symbol and type "cmd"
Right click on the search result and choose "run as admin"
type in the console
cd c:\Users\YOUR_WINDOWS_LOGIN\AppData\Roaming
whereby you replace YOUR_WINDOWS_LOGIN with your actual name
type in
mklink /D Musicoin NEWLOCATION
whereby NEWLOCATION is the new path to the musicoin folder e.g. z:\Musicoin
eg mklink /D Musicoin Z:\Musicoin
If you already have a musicoin folder in that location you need to cut and paste it to the new location.
That will work with any coin/folder

@hzdecvuvczcccd I made some space for this change in the last commit with translation, so yes might actually do this functionality in the next days.
I also have some ideas how to improve synchronization further, but this one could take sometime.

@cryptofuture
Nice, thanks for considering.

Thanks also for the suggestion @MJMoonbow-aka-Tinman, actually I knew about symlinks but tend to forget at times as a rarely use them.
edit: It worked with the symlink, thanks again.

last edited by hzdecvuvcZccCd

Help to understand with a wallet 1.0
In a wallet 0.7 there was a button "ADD EXISTING ACCOUNT"

After clicking on this button a field appeared: "Enter the Account Address" in "Address" line.

How to do this in the new version now?

Did I understand correctly that now this is called "IMPORT PRIVATE KEY"?

last edited by Spidola
This post is deleted!

I'm on OSX and haven't been able to get the wallet to load. On the first try, I got the splash/welcome screen, and created a new wallet. I got to setting a password and receiving the mnemonic, and then it just stayed on the splash screen and became unresponsive. Now when I try to open it, the app window just stays gray. Here's a pastebin of my log:

https://pastebin.com/eLMtgGTh

I'm waiting for an answer on what GMC is? Can someone tell me please? 🙂

@Beam-Up Go MusiCoin thats a programm thats acts as a peer in the musicoin network
https://github.com/Musicoin/go-musicoin
@eric-cash you didnt restart...:) there is another gmc already running on your system

I'll give it a reboot and see if that does the trick, thanks @MJMoonbow-aka-Tinman

@spidola-melnikoff said in Musicoin Wallet 1.0+ Support:

Help to understand with a wallet 1.0
In a wallet 0.7 there was a button "ADD EXISTING ACCOUNT"

It was just not functional function with ability to only add account to check balance, but you was not able to send funds with it (and many people complained about it), so it was removed. In 0.8 I guess it was changed to current import account (UTC/JSON), but I hardly doubt that it was accepted in the 0.8, since the only difference between 0.7 and 0.8 was a functionality to display annoying dialog with timesync.

Right now: (all available on <import account>)
Import account - imports UTC/JSON file
Import mnemonic - imports mnemonic phrase
Import private key - imports private key in the Ethereum format
And import paper wallet - imports UTC/JSON file that was saved as PNG image QR code

actually I knew about symlinks but tend to forget at times as a rarely use them.

Well I just made new pull request to change blockchain data directory, so it will be soon in the nightly build (as it gets accepted).

last edited by cryptofuture

Looks like your connection to $MUSIC Forum ("Let's Rock") was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.