Our v.1.0 wallet is ready for download. Read on to discover what’s new.
Sleek new UI
- An all new UI with a new quick access navbar, from where critical functionalities like signing messages, checking exchange balance, direct links to Musicoin’s public forums along with an introduction section only on first start-up for guiding users new to how a wallet functions.
- Unique profile picture assigned to each account in order to make identification easier.
- Standalone Send Funds button so that you can send funds from any of your accoutns, with one click
- Integrated music player - Access musicoin.org from within the wallet UI while it syncs and transfer coins easily, efficiently and without errors between the web and desktop wallets. You can also maximize/minimize the windows to enhance your music listening experience.
- Clear indication when the wallet is in sync - No more worrying whether your tx made it through or not, the send funds button unlocks only when the wallet is within a few blocks of the chain.
- View your balance in BTC, USD and MUSIC at the click of a button, thanks to a new clutter-free design, which introduces just three columns showing you critical info.
- Per account backups and import function
- Create and import paper wallets so that you don’t lose your keys in case your disk storage and backups fail.
Improved fast sync in compliance with go-ethereum has reduced the chain size to < 10 GB
Improved synchronization and security
- Previously, the list of bootstrap nodes was not loaded on start-up, now it does. Users on connecting to a new peer will save new bootstrap nodes in
- User also has ability to restore default smaller nodes list via menu (Advanced - Restore default nodes list)
- In case your local time is incorrect, you would see notification, with suggestion to enable time synchronisation in your OS.
- Displaying private keys and mnemonics don’t store state, providing good privacy
Host of configurable options
- Select go-musicoin cache size from the new navbar at the top of the screen.
- Restore the default list of enodes, if you prefer connecting to a set of trusted peers.
- Sign and verify messages, all from within the wallet itself.
- Create a wallet with an easy to remember mnemonic or choose the standard way of using a password.
- Display the private key at the click of a button, forget your keys no more.
- Mandatory backups of your key are taken at startup at a directory chosen by the user, no more worrying that you don’t have a backup handy.
Support for legacy operating systems
Support for Windows versions older than 7 is now available at a configured legacy release branch (some features are restricted to master and won’t be available on the legacy implementation)
- General bug fixes due to issues encountered in earlier versions (wallet not launching on specific OSes, import problems on legacy versions) have all been solved.
- Automated build environment at https://builder.musicoin.org/ to download releases directly along with SHA sums for verification.
In short, Musicoin Desktop Wallet 1.0 is a whole new rethink of the Wallet and is a short glimpse of the things to come as the Musicoin Community moves forward. Enjoy $MUSIC!
Download here: https://github.com/Musicoin/desktop