Weird thing happening with the MC I earned

Hello,

At some point my balance showed 37MC then it dropped to 35MC.
Also, the MC I got tipped disappear and never get added to my balance after I click on the "Distribute" button.

Can someone explain what's happening and/or why this is happening?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Best,

Stephanie

Ambassadors

Hi @Stephanie-Merchak ! If you look here you can verify all the transactions associated with your account. I am not an expert, but I am assuming you have heard a song or two of a unverified artist. If that happens 1 MC is discounted from your account each time you do it. Only verified musicians get paid through the UBI pool, the others are paid by the listener.

@soundphaser My account is verified. What I'm talking about is tips that I got on my own songs from listeners, not tips I have given to artists. And those tips I received seem to have vanished.
There's also another issue, when I go to my account I see a number of MC I have earned. But on my public profile there are two different numbers, one on the top right corner next to my profile icon and one further down. Those numbers are different. (see screenshot)
What am I missing?
I'm sorry if those question might seem dumb, but I'm very new to Musicoin and the whole cryptocurrency thing, and honestly, things aren't really explained in details in the FAQ or anywhere else.

Thanks a lot for any help.0_1517515441006_MC.jpg

last edited by Stephanie Merchak

you are missing that the 40 coins is your total earning while the 36 is what you have left

How can those 2 be different when I haven't played any songs? Where did those 4 MC go when I didn't spend them on anything? All I've been doing is uploading my music.

Ambassadors

Thank you @David-Bentler for clarifying that. Also @Stephanie-Merchak I think you rushed through @Soundphaser 's original answer or misunderstood it.

So here's the thing. He didn't say YOU are unverified. He said maybe you listened to ANOTHER artist who's unverified. Whenever we listen to an unverified artist WE PAY for the play (not MUSICOIN UBI). IT doesn't matter if we're verified or not.

last edited by KHAiiM

No, I did NOT give any tips to any artists and I did not listen to any music. I checked explorer and those transactions are weird because I did not initiate them, all I did was click the distribute button that was located under some of my songs that got tips. There must be something really wrong going on with the system.

Ambassadors

@stephanie-merchak Let's just hope that someone from the tech team can trace back what triggered those transactions and clarify this issue.

i can see it on the blockchain with explorer.musicoin.org that you gave 1 coin ach to the artists i posted....

Ambassadors

so either the system automatically gave your coin to another artist (which I haven't seen), or you gave coin in one of the many ways you can give coin without knowing.
You didn't play any music
And you didn't tip any artists
Okay

Did you star any comments?
When you star a comment on your profile or track pages it gives a coin.
If not we're running out of possibilities lol

@khaiim said in Weird thing happening with the MC I earned:

so either the system automatically gave your coin to another artist (which I haven't seen), or you gave coin in one of the many ways you can give coin without knowing.
You didn't play any music
And you didn't tip any artists
Okay

Did you star any comments?
When you star a comment on your profile or track pages it gives a coin.
If not we're running out of possibilities lol

Thanks a lot for your comment. Mystery solved! I did star a few comments on some of my tracks. I didn't know that starring a comment automatically sent a musicoin to the person who wrote it. Is this written somewhere? Honestly, I haven't found the documentation about musicoin and how it works to be very detailed.

Again thanks a lot for solving the mystery.

Looks like your connection to $MUSIC Forum ("Let's Rock") was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.