How to install the Musicoin wallet?

I went to Github but there were multiple files. I don't know which one to download and install. Can somebody upload a tutorial?

@hydro-hellsing but there are 3 files each for windows. I only need to download the .exe? What about the “legacy” and the “sha256” files?

I tried to install the exe file but when I open the wallet it’s a blank black window. Or does it need a lot of time to load?

@son-nguyen The files for windows you just need for your version, x32 or x64. You just need the regular exe. If it's a blank window it's still working it's just going slow on your system, I have the same problem, so I bring up task manager and put the wallet exe processes in realtime until the screen shows and than I set them back to normal.

last edited by Hydro Hellsing

@hydro-hellsing I guess I need a stronger computer. Will be saving up to buy one just to use this wallet.

On my old Intel Cetrino Duo 1,5 GHz and 2 GB Ram the wallet synced within a day. So you dont really need a new computer for it. @Son-Nguyen
If you have Windows 7,8 or 10 use the windows-x64.exe
If you have Windows XP, 2000, or Vista use the legacy version

For x64 Windows 7+ use windows-x64.exe
For x32 Windows 7+ use windows-x32.exe
Find your arch:

To find out if your computer is running a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows in Windows 7 or Windows Vista, do the following:

Open System by clicking the Start button The Start button
    , right-clicking Computer, and then clicking Properties.
    Under System, you can view the system type.

For Windows XP 64 bit use windows-x64-legacy.exe
For Windows XP 32 bit and probably older use windows-x32-legacy.exe

As for Vista I think non legacy version would work, but in case it not, use legacy version. Same apply to old windows developers builds like Longhorn and etc.

Also aware that x32 builds would work on x64 bit Windows, but x64 builds on x32 Windows would not even launch!

Sha256 sums used to check build sums, to ensure build it legitimate.
For Windows you can use https://www.quickhash-gui.org/download/quickhash-v3-0-2-windows/ utility to check sha256sums

last edited by cryptofuture

@mjmoonbow-aka-tinman Mine's low gig like that and still hasn't sync'd, like I said in the other thread though I've been watching the download traffic and some blocks go faster than others until about the 80% range than the speed stays pretty slow in the kb/s even when connected to 16 peers.

For the blank screen that only happened with the new version of wallet, the 1.0 version didn't do that at all.

Excuse me, When you are Sync 100 % complete what is the next step?

@jesus-sosa-sharpton Well when I first started the app it had the import/create account buttons to click, but if they don't show for you it should be in one of the options at the top like "Account". There's a "Help" button as well that will probably link you to instructions.

last edited by Hydro Hellsing

@hydro-hellsing Thank you so much for your help, no link to instructions clicking the HELP, now I have created an account, excuse me What is the next to do SEND FUNDS? what is the account and what is the recipient ?

@jesus-sosa-sharpton If your sending to yourself the account is your musicoin wallet address. In your profile under my wallet it says show options, click that and it says my wallet address, and the recipient is your wallet app address.

Enter the amount of Musicoins you want to send and click send, but only put in 1 or 2 musicoins first to test it and make sure it works correctly so you don't lose any coins.

@son-nguyen Found out the wallet will eat up your HardDrive space, of which I'm already low on. So, There's my crypto learning curve of the day.

@breez Yeah I explained that on FB in a musicoin group, those blocks are being downloaded to your hard drive, that's why they recommend 40gbs of free space, the more blocks the more data and that's why we have to sync the app each time, to download the new data.

Looks like your connection to $MUSIC Forum ("Let's Rock") was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.