How to export Private Keys from Wallet?

Hey There, How do we export our Private Keys from our Wallets? is there a way to do this?

Click on account avatar, select Show Private Key, ensure no screencasting software is running and type your password.

Thanks for your reply..

I ended up figuring out that you have to click on the far left hand side of the public address Icon (QR CODE) to individually get the private key for each public address, a Pop up window appears with some options, then you add your wallet password then click on show private key then wait a few seconds for another popup window to reveal the private key.. Then Cut and Paste or Write Down Private key into Text Doc / Note Pad with associated Public Address. Store it in safe Place on Encrypted USB Drive or Print out / Write out on Paper for safe Keeping.

last edited by Chuck_Isaac

Some creative ways to store your Private Key. by Steel Stamping it on Dog Tags.. or using CryptoSteel

HowTo Store Bitcoins on Stainless Steel Dog Tags

CryptoSteel

Click on account avatar, select Show Private Key, ensure no screencasting software is running and type your password.

To remove confusing completely:

0_1522053386400_pvkey.jpg

Paper wallet however used to form QR code from UTC/JSON file, so you would still need a password to use wallet account.

Also you don't need to know account address, and private key is enough to restore account and set new password, but its the most dangerous method to store wallet, so if you want to save your private key somewhere for recovery purposes, store it in really save place.

last edited by cryptofuture

I must add I lost 100k USD worth of well known cryptocurrency not storing my private key a couple of yeas ago.. From there official desktop wallet I only had saved the backup wallet data file but completely lost the wallet password, at the time I never knew there was a private key and the importance of a private key . So from personal experience I recommend having a system in place in storing and safe guarding your private key safely and make a few backups offline including your wallet data backup file as well as the wallet password. Also the same info applies to any another cryptocurrency.

last edited by Chuck_Isaac

Looks like your connection to $MUSIC Forum ("Let's Rock") was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.