Is this why i am having a problem being varified? >>

I was told that varification is quicker the longer you have had social media and music profiles, i have been producing for 2 years and have had soundcloud for almost as long but was under a different name Rohawn, i changed alias in october and thats the name i registered undr Hanz Ford
can this be checked out ou bypassed?
Thanks

administrators

@Zeljko-Stanojkovski please reply to this thread with the minimum requirements to get verified. Thanks!

administrators

@Hanz-Ford As it was already said in the email, generally we take into consideration accounts which are 12+months old from which we can see an active history of your musical work. 2or 3 months is too short period we can’t verify your profile based on that info.
Do you have Twitter and Facebook under that name Rohawn?

last edited by Zeljko Stanojkovski

Yeah I do, I will send socials for Rohawn after work

I understand why you want older accounts, but I am reaching out to you directly can you not just add me? im not a robot, not spam, not some clickbait P.O.S. I am a true musician who wants to help spread the word of this platform and grow with it?
I spend roughly 6 hours a day making music/networking on socials, the only reason I don’t have a longer history is I wasn’t in a position to make music before a year and a half ago.

again I get the screening process, and it would make sense if I had one upload over the past year but I upload a new track at least once a month

Hopefully we can work this out,

@Zeljko-Stanojkovski
@Hanz-Ford

The problem is that Musicoin only uses Facebook and Twitter for verification of a musician.
This is counterintuitive - a musician with 30 years of real world activity - releases, touring etc and a 6 month social media presence will not be recognized as a “legitimate” musician or band.

Facebook and Twitter do not validate a musician or band - recordings and shows do.

Please start paying attention to Discogs, Soundcloud, actual band/musician websites when validating musicians/bands.

A facebook account does not make a musician - musical output does. 😉

last edited by Beam Up

@zeljko-stanojkovski

https://www.facebook.com/RoHawn33/

i didn’t make a twitter for rohawn, but their is a year and a bits worth of posts on thee for what its worth

Hopefully that works!

@beam-up true

it is unfortunate! I am hopeful they are working on that 😉

administrators

@Beam-Up 3 years of real-world activity(not 30) touring, releases will be well documented(something of course) on Twitter and Facebook. Soundcloud is also in the game, Bandcamp and YouTube too. But showing up with just 1-3 months old accounts don’t provide enough proofs. Like everywhere in the real life the bad guys try various things and then expectations needs to be raised in order to prevent frauds, and that affects everybody of course.

@zeljko-stanojkovski said in Is this why i am having a problem being varified? >>:

@Beam-Up 3 years of real-world activity(not 30) touring, releases will be well documented(something of course) on Twitter and Facebook. Soundcloud is also in the game, Bandcamp and YouTube too. But showing up with just 1-3 months old accounts don’t provide enough proofs. Like everywhere in the real life the bad guys try various things and then expectations needs to be raised in order to prevent frauds, and that affects everybody of course.

I hope your verification team size is ready to SCALE to keep up with the parabolic increase in demand for NEW ARTISTS to become verified. It may be hundreds a week now, but it could EASILY turn into THOUSANDS a week, if not more as the project moves forward.

This is currently a blockage in adoption rate, and a cause for most public stated frustration in social media platforms at the moment. VERY IMPORTANT!!

administrators

@darksidejosh Don’t worry about the team if needed team size can also increase. All request are processed within 24h.

"This is currently a blockage in adoption rate, and a cause for most public stated frustration in social media platforms at the moment. VERY IMPORTANT!!"
Please elaborate this.

@zeljko-stanojkovski

this is obvious just my OPINION…

the most vocal negative sentiment towards musicoin currently is the folks who are running into verification issues. The squeaky wheel gets the oil…

also, you may be able to hand pick (verification) your artists now, based on their current social media presence, but this is unsustainable. it is a bottleneck/chokepoint that may not be an issue NOW with a 24h verification at current adoption rate, but will certainly be a problem when the scale increases exponentially in the future.

last edited by darksidejosh
administrators

@darksidejosh Yes there are some who actually didn’t upload a track at all, those who have 1 day old social accounts and expect to be verified.

The best answer would be that this is not YouTube, this is a place for musicians-artists.

If the Pay Per Play Mechanism would offer more security against fraudulent activity you possibly wouldnt even need a verification process nor would you need to allocate more People to reviewing. @KHAiiM had an Idea how to do that

last edited by David Bentler
Ambassadors

@david-bentler yes, I left that post up for people to continue, but you got my basic point - blockchain is leaving the outdated punitive model of the music industry. Why spend human time penalizing people who WANT to be in our community, when we can prohibit fraudulent activity with a few lines of code (conditional statements).

(1. quota per hour per track per logged in user and 2. quota per hour per track for ALL unlogged in users)

@zeljko-stanojkovski - Sorry, that statement shows Musicoin is out of touch. Not every musician is a slave to Twitter or Facebook. As Musicoin is primarily directed at independent musicians, I cannot stress enough how the current policy needs to change and incorporate new methods. FB and twitter are just methods of convenience which exclude a lot of the people Musicoin needs to reach. The policy needs to change now not at some undefined time in the future when it’s too late.

At the moment I believe there are around 500 verifications per week. Is Musicoin going to wait until it’s 500 an hour to address this? Don’t become Myspace. This platform has so much going for it except how it handles musicians and communication. Musicians are the lifeblood of the platform.

@khaiim - I understand what you’re saying there but there will be the situation where fans want to hear a tune over and over and over (especially with children). Restricting plays this way will send people away from the platform. I don’t have an answer myself though…

Spam listens for personal profit are a real problem to fix for sure

**ah I see you mean for all users that aren’t logged in… yes that makes more sense…

last edited by Beam Up
administrators

@david-bentler Those are two separate things, verification of (new) artists and problems with fake streams.

@Beam-Up Which secure method of verification would you propose?

@zeljko-stanojkovski
i dont think you got it right

if you can prevent fake streams you wouldn´t need to worry about “bad guys”(your words) and verification of legitimate artists.
The Community would regulate itself because only good Artist will get played and you would save yourselfes a huge chunk of work

@zeljko-stanojkovski “Which secure method of verification would you propose?”

Adding more verification options that are actual music platforms could help - for example Soundcloud, Discogs, HearThis, Mixcloud, Reverbnation… and so on… perhaps a poll of Musicoin’s existing users to find out which platforms are most used is a way to start.

last edited by Beam Up

Looks like your connection to Musicoin Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.