Hardfork / Upgrade

Just curious - does anyone have information on what the latest musicoin upgrade actually did for the site/platform ..

It's not triggered yet. Should be triggered by the end of the month or when block 2,222,222 will be mined (as the hard fork will be triggered at block 2,222,222).
Read this article: https://medium.com/@musicoin/musicoin-to-upgrade-with-blockchain-hard-fork-ee1ff7fefa41
It will enable us to use myetherwallet (https://www.myetherwallet.com/) which is really great news, since it works flawlessly and almost instantly (I, personally, love that wallet, since it's really easy to use and instant also).
It will also enable the use of hardware wallets, like Ledger Nano S and Trezor, thus bringing big players to the platform (investors who need to keep their coins secure).
it's all about enhanced security and more efficient transactions, as mentioned in the article.

last edited by buleumarius

@buleumarius Ok thanks for the link and info! Pro Skills. Sounds like they’ll be no user interface, link function or cosmetic changes than

so musicoin is to become an Erc token? correct me if im wrong just trying to understand

@mário-tungsten nope
Musicoin has own standalone blockchain

@metkraming pheeww, thats a relief. sorry just jumped the gun when myetherwallet was mentioned... apologies.

Ambassadors

Hi there, does anybody know (now the harfork is a fact) how exactly do we move the musicoins in our online wallet to a hardware wallet like Ledger, Trezor (using https://www.myetherwallet.com/ )?

Ambassadors

@hydro-hellsing Thanks ! Can I send directly from the wallet on the site to my ether address? Or do I have to send them to a offline Musicoin wallet on my desktop first?

@mar-t I'm not certain of all that but you should be able to, send 1 coin first to make sure it goes through.

Ambassadors

@hydro-hellsing 😉 Tried with 10 MC first, but that didn't work.. I'll try it via the software wallet on the desktop, then transfer to MEW. I'll report back when I have a working solution, so we share the knowledge. In the meantime maybe @maelstrohmblack has a few more hints 😉 ? Cheers! Mar T.

Ambassadors

@hydro-hellsing Reporting back.. sent another 10 mc to a software wallet (version 1.0) and that worked. Then I tried to send 5 MC from that wallet to MEW, and those coins didn't arrive. Maybe we can think about a solution so it's easier for musicians to claim their MC's? I mean... this is not really user-friendly.. Any devs that can help us out?
Cheers,
Mar T.

@mar-t Well now that hard fork's here the devs should be doing tweaks and additions a little faster.

Ambassadors

@hydro-hellsing Yep, just testing.. 😉 Thanks mate! I'm confident it'll work out! Cheers!! Mar T.

There is some musicoin in my ledger nano S, At MEW site I tried to send musicoin to another address but error. error message is "Invaild Sender"
How i can send my musicoin in ledger nano S?

Ambassadors

@hydro-hellsing Hey man, I probably don't understand that article, when one wants to hold Musicoin in their MEW ledger nano s ethereum address (MC is an ethereum fork right?), how should that work? I don't want to trade Musicoin for Bitcoin or Ripple, since we all know Musicoin will be worth a lot more than a Bitcoin once we go to real-word adoption 😉 Any ideas? Didn't figure it out yet.. MC devs?

last edited by Mar T

@mar-t I don't have Ledger so I'm not certain. You already sent from your App wallet to the ledger so yeah you'll have to email Admin and ask about it or wait for them to respond here.

It could be just a normal error or Ledger might not be completely compatible with the Wallet app yet. I saw a post on Reddit just now saying that it would be compatible soon and that was 2 months ago so it might just be that.

Looks like your connection to $MUSIC Forum ("Let's Rock") was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.