Playlists ! The most important part of any music website is still missing ?

• I noticed today that the musicoins website was taken down for maintenance. I sat with baited breath hoping that the guys were finally taking on board some comments and posts in the forum about adding a playlist facility but sadly it still hasn't been added 😞
    When will this happen guys ?? The current trend at the minute on all the major streaming sites is playlists , everybody wants to create one and every musician/band wants their track/song added to the most popular or current trending playlist. How hard can it be to add a function where you can create your own playlists ?? I mean think about how much interaction and traffic this can bring to the site , surely it benefits everybody involved as people will spend more time promoting playlists and actually discovering all the great music that's uploaded very day.

I would like to get a response from any of the tech guys working behind the scenes on musicoins as to if and when playlists will be added. Is it too much to ask ? Is it to technical at the minute to do ? Not for other people as even your own members have been making code to create playlists for their own websites , which if you take Atom collector records for example , are a great tool until they crash due to the temperamental and sometimes extremely slow music player.

I look forward to your response on this tech support , musicoin admin ....

• we're all waiting for Hard Fork. I think after that Musicoin's team would start acceleration

• @daveyhub There's an ideas category in the forum if you want to submit some more, you can read mine and add on or make a new thread if you'd like.

I already mentioned the playlist feature and someone probably did even before that, but the site's in Beta so they probably already have all these ideas waiting to be released.

• @hydro-hellsing thanks for commenting man. I have already posted in ideas and other categories but get no response from the web team. I have been a member for a few months now so the " The site is still in Beta" response is wearing a bit thin tbh. If you look at other similar sites like for example you can see they are taking an active role in actually listening to the members feedback and implementing changes and functions as they grow. I fear for Musicoins as the longer it takes to see any website improvements the more members it's going to lose. People get bored very quickly and will look to move their music to other blockchain linked music websites. It's a real shame as Musicoins has great potential but the longer it leaves the website as it is then the quicker it will just stagnate and probably never get out of Beta mode. Or maybe that's what they want ?? I mean the coins will still be there regardless of the website right ?

• @daveyhub Well it's just like any start up, you have to be willing to invest, and you have to be willing to stand by the investment, cuz think of it this way, it's of no extra cost to us, no cost at all actually, if it takes a bit of time for certain features that's alright.

But you also have to understand startups and the people behind them, these people most likely have jobs and this is the side venture, they have to do all the development which with crypto currency I would imagine is a bit harder than usual. They have to make their connections in the real and online world, they've already got people working on actual Musicoin speakers under a different name, it's a giant project right now.

But its a start up, and from what I understand, I may be wrong, Musicoin is it's own currency that can be converted into others, not directly linked to bitcoin so when bitcoin goes down Musicoin might be going up and so on. It's a complicated process, let them work out all the bugs and details for the roll-out of Musicoin, we'll see how it looks after Beta and also once it's out of Beta they'll be able to add features faster.

• i ve been saying for weeks that the lack of communication from the dev is hurting the project. I wish they have a video or post on monthly/weekly basis on the forum with info from the team... or what is going to happen, what are the next features to be implemented...

• @thibault-shagersword It feels like they're more concerned with one big roll-out rather than piece by piece, we think they're taking their time but maybe it's to implement all the features we've brought up and the more obvious ones since all the other music platforms have them.

It's worth the wait, think of how many people use soundcloud but don't know they have to join the actual program to monetize their music, others don't know how to go through distribution to get on spotify and the others like it.

Just be patient with it, keep in mind how Bitcoin started out low value as a crypto currency and than surged to what it is now. Since they just upgraded to a new version it probably won't be too long before it's out of Beta, than the updates will come faster when it's out.

• @hydro-hellsing Firstly I have invested time and money as I have actually purchased extra musicoin thinking that it could be a good investment in the long term. I spent plenty of time when I first signed up too trying to encourage other musicians to join up , stating at the time that the website will improve as time goes on and to stick it out for now as this so called "Beta" phase won't last forever. Can I ask are you part of the web team or admin ? It's just I do notice you comment on a lot posts and seem to fight musicoins corner ? This isn't a dig i'm just genuinely interested in your role or are you just a committed member.
    Secondly in response to what you said about the link up with musicoin speakers I think this is huge mistake at this time in the development and that time could have been more well spent actually building a more stable music player as we all know it can freeze / crash and stop playing randomly half way through a session. the phrase " trying to run before you can walk " springs to mind and I would have thought you get your website sorted before trying to roll out peripheral hardware.

All myself and other people keep asking for is some sort of idea when the website intends to launch properly and some sort of acknowledgement from the team that they are listening to our feedback on the site and that they do intend to add the features that the members desperately want to see.

A happy members community is going to help promote the site and bring in more musicians and more listeners. Like I said before I'm aware that existing members are starting to get bored and go back to the mainstream sites like Soundcloud , Spotify etc ...

• @daveyhub I've never had an issue with the player so I can't respond to that. I'm not admin, I speak in favor of Musicoin because I've had my own and been member of websites starting from the ground up, dealt with the bug issue, dealt with the server backups and transferring to a new server, dealt with the impatient/unruly forum members.

I will say that this early in the sites creation you shouldn't have bought extra musicoin, and Beta stages can last months to even a year, people who do these things have full time jobs and startups on the side until the startup takes off. Admin wants this site to get going as quickly as possible, they have a hefty profit to make from all this as well, they're not going slow on purpose and I can assure you they've invested far more time and money than any of us.

The people working on the speakers might be a completely different team than the developers working on the site so I'm not gonna say anything other than that about that project.

But you can promote different networks at the same time, doesn't have to be just musicoin, money comes from soundcloud and spotify etc. so if your on those sites it's a good idea not to focus on monetizing musicoin and only musicoin, this platform's a favor to us musicians, there's no need to rush it or to forget your other marketing platforms.

When it comes to musicoin you bring your fan base with you, so you can encourage other musicians to join, I have too in FB groups, but there's a good chance their fans aren't gonna be your fans unless you actually collaborate with them, a lot of people will click the link or just listen to the embedded player and that'll be as far as they go, they most likely won't browse around for hours looking for more musicians to listen to, they came for the music they clicked the link for, you know what I mean.

People just have to be patient, your on the site, your tracks are uploaded, now market on all your platforms, make exclusives for musicoin and deal with the other platforms as usual. Just have some faith in the project

• We are still at a very early point on the musicoin project....
    I woudnt expect going out of beta for the next year 🙂
    and there are possibilities to use musicoin right now like i did on my website:
    Copy it 🙂

• @mjmoonbow-aka-tinman Hey, I like how you've done a work around to implement a jukebox on your website. You have a coin from me, good stuff.

When I hear Another Year in beta. wow. that's disheartening. The project as a whole takes time to build and spread to a community, and that's understandable. Yet, a properly functioning website should be released from the get go. You wouldn't open up a store and not have the flooring finished. Do that correctly, and we (the artists) will stock the shelves.

• You need to start somewhere 🙂 or you want get anywhere.
    There is a roadmap out there to get an idea, whats going on...

• One word : communication

I don’t care if it takes ages to get out of BETA. Just let us know : how, when, what why... a simple update from the dev team will be enough

• You gotta look at it like the video game world, they keep games in Beta for a long time while the players are testing it and even after it's out of Beta and has a full release there's all kinds of glitches and problems that they have to release patches for. Even if the team communicated regularly it would be to say the same thing, so they'd be repeating themselves over and over and people would still complain regardless.

And than there's probably features this site will have that others don't and they don't wanna talk about their ideas before the roll-out. People just have to be patient and focus on their marketing for all of their platforms and not just focus on the one. The musicoin shelves are already stocked with music, people can come here and hit the play button, that much is working, the MC's are there, the wallet's working, the twitter embed player's working, the basics are there for people to utilize musicoin in a way that still works out for everybody.

Just be patient, if you have a website create a link based playlist, if you know how to embed like moonbow embed your tracks like that in playlist form on your site. FB, do it in text. Twitter, tweet out a link to the FB list or your website. The website's here, it's our job to market, a little work around here and there isn't really a big issue.

• The point is, there is absolutely no communication from the dev team. It’s not about being patient as you say. I can be patient, I am. All I’m saying is that a monthly update from the dev would let us know what they have understand from us (people using it, musicians, listeners, miners) and what is the plan for the next months/years/decade ! Just for you to understand there is no business plan... that should trigger some « no go » from miners. This eco system is fragile and like I said. Just a simple update from time to time should be enough. I’m still mining and will be at least till late 2018 but if nothing happens me and other miners will stop and then there will be no more musicoin...

• I'll let the article explain it, with every investment comes your own business decisions.

Electricity costs could make your mining unprofitable: For most mining computers, a cost of 14 cents/kilowatt hour is the most you want to pay for your mining hobby. Above 14 cents, mining currencies such as Bitcoin, Litecoin, Peercoin, or Feathercoin will not be worth the investment. Similarly, if you invest more than a several hundred dollars in mining hardware, at a rate of two dollars profit per day (and assuming there is no leap in coin value), it could take two years for you to pay off your hardware investment.

Is It Worth It to Mine Cryptocoins?
    As a hobby venture, yes, cryptocoin mining can generate a small income of perhaps a dollar or two per day. In particular, the digital currencies mentioned above are very accessible for regular people to mine, and a person can recoup $1000 in hardware costs in about 18-24 months.

As a second income, no, cryptocoin mining is not a reliable way to make substantial money for most people. The profit from mining cryptocoins only becomes significant when someone is willing to invest $3000-$5000 in up-front hardware costs, at which time you could potentially earn $50 per day or more.

Set Reasonable Expectations
    If your objective is to earn substantial money as a second income, then you are better off purchasing cryptocoins with cash instead of mining them, and then tucking them away in the hopes that they will jump in value like gold or silver bullion. If your objective is to make a few digital bucks and spend them somehow, then you just might have a slow way to do that with mining.

Smart miners need to keep electricity costs to under $0.11 per kilowatt-hour; mining with 4 GPU video cards can net you around $8.00 to $10.00 per day (depending upon the cryptocurrency you choose), or around $250-$300 per month.

The two catches are 1) the up-front investment in purchasing 4 ASIC processors or 4 AMD Radeon graphic processing units, and 2) the market value of cryptocoins.

Now, there is a small chance that your chosen digital currency will jump in value alongside Bitcoin at some point. Then, possibly, you could find yourself sitting on thousands of dollars in cryptocoins. The emphasis here is on 'small chance', with small meaning 'slightly better than winning the lottery'.

If you do decide to try cryptocoin mining, definitely do so as a hobby with a very small income return. Think of it as 'gathering gold dust' instead of collecting actual gold nuggets. And always, always, do your research to avoid a scam currency.

• @hydro-hellsing You keep talking unrelated things and distracting communication on the whole other side! you аre on every topic and u mixing up everything. What is your problem? Why do you think you are called to give your opinion on every topic? Go doing some things in which you are much better... I think your intentions are not good

• @hydro-hellsing u r just a troll

• U want to teach someone what is mining? R u normal? 😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣

Looks like your connection to $MUSIC Forum ("Let's Rock") was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.