This coin is going to the moon—great time to be a musician

Bummer the site is so bogged down and servers can't handle it. Took me 5x tries to load the page for your music before connection wasn't reset.

I agree! First time we can take back control of the music industry and start getting paid again for our music!

Cheers,

My profile is: https://musicoin.org/nav/artist/0xea49911bce4c66507119b4d39c603df697ecbd8a

Ambassadors

yes I agree @james-rivelli it's good that more people are sign up than musicoin probably expected, but bad for us who believe in it enough to want to skip the beta stage lol!

I thought there was a delay in uploading the music, but it turned out after I was verified I clicked upload and my music was really up in 2 minutes!

So 1. It DOES help to get verified before uploading the music.

1. sometimes it's not the time lag for an action to complete, but - like you said - just depends if you click when it's busy or not, so I've learned (for now) on musicoin if something like a play, or comment doesn't work, just to wait a few seconds and try again

How are they going to keep the interest of miners? Right now they are mining for nothing, right?

@olivier-pomerleau

i don't know if stuff is going according to whitepaper 2.0, but if, then they should get 250 coins out of 314 per block. the rest goes to the UBI and the website.

https://de.scribd.com/document/362834077/Musicoin-White-Paper-v2-0-0

page 17

last edited by Neon Insect
Ambassadors

@olivier-pomerleau like @Neon-Insect said Miners are definitely getting coins from everything I've heard.

@olivier-pomerleau I think what Olivier want to point out is the incentive for miners to hold the coin instead of dumping it; or in other words, who's buying when the only use case is tipping right now, which is a concern many people shared in the community, but to me that looks really short sight view of the tech.

Musicoin aims many other use cases to drive price up (or people wanting it to buy).
I can think of crowdfunding your favorite musicians, meet&greed, signed LPs, chat or interviews, mobile app subscriptions, the new smart speaker, probably also merchandising and concert tickets. I can also think of mentorships (Get someone famous or that you enjoy as musician tell you what he thinks about your music in a questionaire). I can think of many ways Musicoin is a great buy, my only concern is that buying through Bitcoin is not very intuitive, that's why we are thinking of other fiat ramps for Music.

@neon-insect Yep, Kudos on the nothing to lose part.

Things aren't going to be perfect but this is project still has the best shot at transforming the industry, imo.

@shamino - that'll come with time -- I don't think it's a good use of Musicoin's time to get into that stuff since that's really a problem that the exchanges should be dealing with, imo.

Looking forward to the day where everyone and their mom would be able to create their own token with a click of a button and be able to cash it out to fiat easily and reliably. You're going to see so many crazy projects that it'll make the internet fun all over again.

@ęmpire-of-łights I concur with every exact word you just said.

Looks like your connection to $MUSIC Forum ("Let's Rock") was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.