I’ve seen people asking if it’s possible to upload covers and as I understand it this is currently not allowed due to the difficulty of proving a license has been acquired for the redistribution of the covered song, and the songwriter’s copyright isn’t being violated.

It’d be good if were possible to set permissions in the license of the song to allow other musicians to cover that song for a particular share percentage, e.g. I give permission for anyone to cover this song I’ve uploaded, in exchange for a 20% share on the PPP license.

If covers were only permitted under this system, it’d create opportunities to get more artists onto the platform, not just from cover artists being able to upload their covers, but it would also incentivise larger and more popular acts to come to the platform, as it would allow them to monetise covers of songs they’ve written as performed by others, which is effectively impossible on other platforms. There’s a good chance cover artists who want to get on Musicoin would pester some big name acts into sign up.