Coinminer!bit - A trojan on my computer ?
Ambassadors

Hi folks !

I am trying to start mining some coins when my computer detected “coinminer!bit” as a trojan ! What do you think about ?

(It arrived when i installed this >>>
Claymore’s Dual Ethereum+Decred_Siacoin_Lbry_Pascal_Blake2s_Keccak AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v11.2 - Catalyst 15.12-18.x - CUDA 8.0_9.1_7.5_6.5.zip)

More info of this TROJAN here >>> https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/threats/malware-encyclopedia-description?name=Trojan%3AWin32%2FCoinminer!bit&threatid=2147721766&enterprise=0

There are alot of false alarms on those mining software, but there are alot doggy software aswell. you should only download it from the official releases on github.
Claymore is a good software, if its the official one

Ambassadors

@mjmoonbow-aka-tinman I see ! Thanks a lot ! 🙂 Do you have a direct link for me to downloaded the right software on GITHUB ?

No im not using it since my gpu is only 2gb… but i would check what version, your pool is pointing to. @Dominique-de-Witte

Whichever you decide to use, you probably will still need to go into your antivirus settings and individually create an exception for that program not to be flagged as a risk.

Looks like your connection to Musicoin Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.