Coinminer!bit - A trojan on my computer ?
Ambassadors

Hi folks !

I am trying to start mining some coins when my computer detected "coinminer!bit" as a trojan ! What do you think about ?

(It arrived when i installed this >>>
Claymore's Dual Ethereum+Decred_Siacoin_Lbry_Pascal_Blake2s_Keccak AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v11.2 - Catalyst 15.12-18.x - CUDA 8.0_9.1_7.5_6.5.zip)

More info of this TROJAN here >>> https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/threats/malware-encyclopedia-description?name=Trojan%3AWin32%2FCoinminer!bit&threatid=2147721766&enterprise=0

There are alot of false alarms on those mining software, but there are alot doggy software aswell. you should only download it from the official releases on github.
Claymore is a good software, if its the official one

Ambassadors

@mjmoonbow-aka-tinman I see ! Thanks a lot ! đŸ™‚ Do you have a direct link for me to downloaded the right software on GITHUB ?

No im not using it since my gpu is only 2gb... but i would check what version, your pool is pointing to. @Dominique-de-Witte

Ambassadors

Whichever you decide to use, you probably will still need to go into your antivirus settings and individually create an exception for that program not to be flagged as a risk.

Looks like your connection to $MUSIC Forum ("Let's Rock") was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.