Content ID and Copyright Protection

• I'm not sure if this has already been covered in another thread, but how can/will Musicoin be able to protect the official copyright holders of the music on the site? In essence, making sure the appropriate people are getting paid - and not scammers who upload other peoples hard work..

Incorporating music P.R.O.'s like BMI/Ascap/Socan/etc into the mix could help with knowing who the appropriate register of a musical work is, imo.

May even get the musicians a second payment through those services from the collection of Royalties per stream.

Could also help with charting on the billboard charts?

• Just ideas

Thoughts, Opinions, Questions, Comments, Concerns

• Don't worry about scammers, we've already got that covered. If you find a suspicious material you can notify ๐Ÿ˜‰

• @ivan Thanks Ivan. can you go into detail about how that kind of activity will be covered - as we the user will not have time to go through 100's (hopefully 1000's ๐Ÿคž ) of artist profiles ๐Ÿค˜

• Each upload goes through the system, filtered by the title, description, content (database), and eventually the team listens to that release. When a copyright content is found, the release becomes blocked and the author gets a warning if this continues it will be banned. Simple as that.
    That's a full-time job keeping up with almost 4000 artists, but this system is constantly evolving so that the protection becomes better. Personally, I don't tolerate scammers or imposters, this should be a platform for real musicians.

• Cool, Thank u for the detailed reply. That info is very much appreciated. Listening to all those songs would certainly be a full-time job! Wow. Itโ€™s nice to hear that the system is evolving - and I hope one day it can be a streamlined automated process so that the team can relax on those personal โ€œby handโ€ ID checks and be able to focus on other great aspects of the platform (like getting these audio streams to count towards charting on the Billboard charts?) Cheers! ๐Ÿ™‚

Looks like your connection to $MUSIC Forum ("Let's Rock") was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.