Split Genre "Jazz & Blues"

• Dear Musicoin family,
    first of all: Happy new 2018 to all of you!

Today i tried to listen to some jazz music on musicoin. The problem was, i was not able to find the music i was looking for. One problem might be that there are not enough artists right now. Another thing is that most of the tracks in the category Jazz & Blues are blues songs. I think it would be a good idea to split the category Jazz & Blues. Jazz has roots in the blues... thats true, but if this is the case for a song, it would be better to tag it as "bluesy" instead of mixing everything together. Jazz has so many different subcategories like Cool Jazz, Free Jazz, Bebop, Hardbop, Swing, Gypsy Jazz, Latin Jazz, Jazz Rock/Fusion, Acid Jazz ... to name a few... I think it's a good idea to have a global "standalone" Jazz category. Are there system wide default genres? Is there a difference if I create a new genre in the song properties? How does it work with the genres you create manually? If i enter Jazz, the suggestion is Jazz & Blues, but i can create every category I want in the properties. So i'm not shure about the backend and how it works exactly. Anyway, if there is something like a global category "Jazz & Blues" my suggestion is to split it. Does it make sense? 🙂

regards,
    lagro

• I'd not found many meaning sub-genres for me it's Indietronica, Indie-pop, Indie-rock, Drone, Shoegaze, Minimalism, Neo-classical, Post-rock.
    Maybe to separate genres and subgenres make sense.

• @nick-efremov Hi Nick, as a musician you can create your own genres in the song properties... the first row is the genre, the second are tags...
    0_1514989752663_properties.png

What I don't undestand is how the search engine works. If I enter "Jazz" in the search field i don't get the expected results so far... If i use the following url with the genre as parameter i get better results... https://musicoin.org/nav/browse?genre=jazz

• @lagro Yes I know, but It's a bit not obvious way for a new musician. And anything can be a tag which is also looks not orderly.

• @lagro but those new tags you add are hidden. No one can search Improvised Acoustic and find you! You just label your song and thats it.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to $MUSIC Forum ("Let's Rock") was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.